Online internet courses by Call of the Page

Are you interested in a Call of the Page course? We run courses on haiku; tanka; tanka stories/prose; haibun; shahai; and other genres.

Please email Karen or Alan at our joint email address: admin@callofthepage.org
We will let you know more about these courses.

Call of the Page (Alan & Karen)

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Online Haiku Course Early Bird Rate offer extended until July 7th - haiku poetry : poetry courses in haiku


News update 2017:
With Words has now become Call of the Page:

You can either go to our contact page:
https://www.callofthepage.org/contact/

Or email Karen at:

You can learn more about Karen and Alan at:

========

2013 workshops

We are extending the Early Bird rate for the August 1st Online Haiku Course until the 7th of July.

Haiku: 
The shortest of all short poems, with an intentional rearrangement of words from language, that elicits an emotional reaction in each reader far greater than the sum of its physical count of words.  
Alan Summers, Writing Poetry: the haiku way (Extract from the Book in Progress)



The "early bird" rate is US$70 and full price would be US$85.

Equivalent in British currency is £45 early bird rate, and £55 full price. 

To find out more about what the courses involve and how they run, please email karen@withwords.org.uk for an information sheet.

Many thanks!


Karen at With Words
 




Quotes from our students for Alan's teaching:
For a biography on Alan scroll down to the end at this weblink:
  

Hi Alan - thanks so much for this....I learned a lot... I really had no idea there was so much to this art, and I'm completely fascinated. Your comments are extremely perceptive.

MK

As you probably know by now, I use every corner of my life as a way of reflection of my psychological personal development - haiku in itself is great for this, but working with you has just elevated the experience a 100 fold.

Your support over the last couple of years or so have just been such an amazing gift to me - bless you.

I am well aware of the fact that I wouldn't be having such an amazing journey with my haiku if wasn't for you.

FT

This was the first online class I have ever taken and I have thoroughly enjoyed it! Thanks for providing the opportunity and for making it affordable. I learned so much and integrated a lot of what I learned.

Alan is a fantastic teacher, as you already know. I would love to take another course with Alan.  

Please take good care and have an enjoyable 2013. Anne

What wonderful feedback to hear that my heart has touched someone else's. To me, that is the best reason to write. Your comments have been invaluable.  Debbie 

Thank you so much for all of the information you have provided about gendai haiku.  It has definitely sparked my interest in learning more. I also just want to say thank you for providing this course.  It is obvious that you spent a lot of time preparing the course material.  I also really appreciate your thoughtful responses to our posts.  LM


. 
 

No comments: