We are very keen to publish individual author voices in The With Words Haiku Book of Summer, so please send us your notes, observations, thoughts and feelings, anecdotes, or explanations about your haiku, about Summer, or your nearest equivalent to Summer if you live in a country that has different seasons, either with your haiku submission, or separately at a later time.
This part of the competition is FREE, and you could win a prize as well as be featured in the Summer books we are planning.
These may include notes specific to the poems submitted, or about summer in general.
We will select twelve extracts from writers’ notes for special mention and a prize.
- Season: what season, or part of the season, festival, special day etc are you writing about …
- Seasonal Location: immediate area of your poem[s] plus other geographical details
- Full Date (time am or pm, day, month, year) of observation
- Comments: anecdotes; observations; notes; fieldnotes; asides; or an account of why you personally associate the topic of your haiku with summer.
- Nature notes including nicknames and common names of species; local, regional and national names for animal; bird; plant; flower; tree; insect and various natural or human made phenomena.
- Non-nature: name of festival; special days; birthdays; religious or spiritual observances etc…
"Capturing the essence of Summer worldwide"
You have until next year, February 15th 2015 to send in entries and writer's notes.