Online internet courses by Call of the Page

Are you interested in a Call of the Page course? We run courses on haiku; tanka; tanka stories/prose; haibun; shahai; and other genres.

Please email Karen or Alan at our joint email address: admin@callofthepage.org
We will let you know more about these courses.

Call of the Page (Alan & Karen)

Saturday, March 09, 2013

Ninth Day: Haiku poetry showcase by Alan Summers at Cornell University USA

A month of haiku poems by Alan Summers at Cornell University USA
 
Cornell University, Mann Library

Supporting learning and research in the life sciences, agriculture, human ecology and applied social sciences: http://mannlib.cornell.edu/


As a poet and writer I often frequent libraries for workshops I'm running or being asked as a guest poet at a reading series.  During one such event I got talking to the library run café manager who had lost her official work keys.   It didn't go down well as you can imagine with the City Council, but I knew she'd need to relax for the rest of the day, and we did manage to have a few laughs about a very stressful situation.


library café–
we swap lost key stories
as my coffee cools


Alan Summers



My wife and myself are roughly equal on misplacing or losing things, but after losing my keys twice in my younger days, I never put my keys anyway but my trouser pocket.  There is something incredibly discomforting about being  less than an inch away from being able to enter your home but for the lack of a bit of metal designed to open up that inch or so of wood that makes for a front door to your home.


















image©TheEgyptian
Description A leather keychain
Date
Source Own work
Author TheEgyptian









http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Leather_key_chain.JPG


How well do you fare in losing things?
 http://www.iol.co.za/lifestyle/people/losing-our-stuff-losing-our-tempers-1.1262282#.UTt2NIXYw7A


Poem publication credits:
Presence 32  (2007);  Tinywords.com  (2007); The O’Keefe Brief, O’Keefe Library at SAU, St Ambrose University, Iowa, U.S.A. (2007)
.



No comments: